In order for your traffic to show up in the right channel in your Divvit account, you need to add parameters to your marketing campaign URLs. This article will explain you what URL parameters we work with. This will allow for Divvit to understand where the incoming traffic should go.
Each channel that you create marketing campaigns for will allow you to add these parameters in their settings. Let’s go through a few examples:
Adding URL parameters to your Facebook Campaigns
You will be able to add URL parameters to your Facebook campaigns during the creation of your ads. URL parameters can be placed on ads that link to destinations such as your website. To add URL parameters to your ads on Facebook:
- Create a new ad campaign in Ads Manager
- After creating your Campaign and Ad Set levels, navigate to the Ad level to set your URL Parameters.
- At the Ad level, click ‘Build a URL Parameter’ under ‘Website URL’.
- Enter the parameters you want to track. Using the Divvit tagging, you will need to add ‘dv_chgroup=social_ppc&dv_channel=facebook’.
- Once you're done, simply click ‘Apply’. You'll see the URL parameter in the field.
Your complete URL will then look like: www.mypage.com/dv_chgroup=social_ppc&dv_channel=facebook
Medium= Social PPC (Paid)
Adding URL parameters to your Google Ads
You will be able to add URL parameters to your Google ads during the creation of your ads. To add URL parameters to your ads in your Google Adwords account, follow these steps:
- Sign into your AdWords account
- Click the Campaigns tab and navigate to the campaigns you want to edit
- Click the Settings tab
- Scroll down and click Campaign URL options (advanced)
- Next to "Custom parameter," enter the name and value of your custom parameters. Using the Divvit tagging, you will need to add ‘dv_chgroup=sem&dv_channel=google’
- Click Save
Your complete URL will then look like: www.mypage.com/dv_chgroup=sem&dv_channel=google
Medium= SEM (Paid)
If you are having trouble adding these parameters to your marketing campaigns, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will help you set up.